Newmont announces the successful merger with Goldcorp. Newmont Goldcorp is the world’s leading gold business.
The new company holds a strong portfolio of assets, prospects and professional talent. This portfolio includes long-life operations, profitable expansion and exploration options in some of the world’s most prolific mining regions. Also, Newmont Goldcorp will offer investors the highest dividend and the largest Reserves and Resources per share among senior gold producers.
Newmont Goldcorp is expected to:
- increase Newmont’s Net Asset Value per share by 27%, and to increase the combined company’s 2020 cash flow by 34%.
- deliver $365M in expected annual pre-tax synergies, supply chain efficiencies and full potential improvements, representing $4.4B in Net Present Value (pre-tax).
- target six to seven million ounces of steady gold production over decades-long timeline.
- have the largest gold reserves and resource.
- increase production sites globally.
- deliver the highest dividend among senior gold producers.
- offer financial flexibility advance projects at an Internal Rate of Return of at least 15%.
- produce a leading group of industry professionals.
- maintain leadership in environmental, social and governance performance.