About Cartier Resources Inc.
Cartier Resources Inc. was founded in 2006 and is a Val-d’Or based exploration company. The company’s projects are all located in Quebec, which has consistently ranked as one of the world’s best mining jurisdictions. Cartier is advancing the development of its flagship Chimo Mine Project and actively exploring its other projects. The Company has a strong cash position exceeding $6.5 M and a significant corporate and institutional endorsement, including Agnico Eagle Mines, O3 Mining and Quebec investment funds.
- On April 21st 2022 Cartier completed the consolidation of Cartier’s Chimo Mine property with O3 Mining’s East Cadillac property for a total land position of 29,754 hectares of highly prospective ground in the eastern part of the prolific Val-d’Or gold camp (the “Project”), refer to Figure 1 and Figure 2.
- On August 30th 2022 a new resource estimate was released, consisting of (FIGURE 3):
- 7,128,000 tonnes at an average grade of 3.14 g/t Au for a total of 720,000 ounces of gold in the Indicated category and;
- 18,475,000 tonnes at an average grade of 2.75 g/t Au for a total of 1,633,000 ounces of gold in the Inferred category.
- Work in progress, with the objective to increasing the resources, are as follows:
- A drill program in progress on the Chimo Mine Gold System (FIGURE 3), with a dimension known to date of 3.7 km x 1.6 km, which includes the recent acquisition of the West Nordeau and et West Simon deposits ;
- Preliminary Economic Study NI 43-101 (”PEA”) underway on the combined resources of the Mine Chimo property and the West Nordeau deposit which will provide increased flexibility to further strengthen the economics of the Mine Chimo project;
- Integration of the results of the industrial sorting tests of Corem and Steinert US which increase by 170% the grade of the mineralization of the Chimo Mine property;
- Evaluation of the potential of the gold intersections discovered to date peripheral to the Chimo Mine Gold System over a length of 10 km along the Larder Lake – Cadillac fault.
- There is significant infrastructure on site including a 920 m deep three-compartment shaft and a 25 kV power line.
- The property is accessible year-round and is strategically located in the Val-d’Or mining camp and near third party-owned ore processing facilities.
- The property contains fourteen gold zones that were exploited by three producers between 1964 and 1997 for a total production of 379 000 ounces of gold.
- There is potential to increase the resources below and peripheral to the 28 gold zones currently identified on the property.